Reid's List: Venice
My favorite experiences and lesser-known sights in Venice
» View ENLARGED MAP with all listings
» THE VENICE BOOKSHELF
Sure, I love gawking at the mosaics in St. Mark's and examining the Renaissance art at the Accademia and even (yes, I admit it) paying ludicrous amounts of money for a gondola ride. But those are all the things you know you're meant to do when you visit Venice. Those are the top sights of Venice.
Here, on the other hand, is a short list of some of my favorite things to see and do in Venice that are not on the top sights list.
- Taking in the Tintorettos at the Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Getting lost
- Touring the outlying islands—Murano, Burano, and Torcello—in the Venetian lagoon
- Attending evening mass at St. Mark's Basilica for the full effect of the mosaics
- Seeing how gondolas are made at the Squero San Trovaso
- Taking the "Secret Itineraries" tour of the Doge's Palace
- Making a cicchetti crawl, nibbling my way through the bacari of Venice
- Visiting San Giorgio for a different (and cheaper than San Marco) bell tower view over Venice
- Getting gondola driving lessons
- Attending the Biennale art fair
- Taking a walking tour
This material was last updated May 2013. All information was accurate at the time.
about | contact | faq
» THE REIDSITALY.COM DIFFERENCE «
Copyright © 2008–2013 by Reid Bramblett. Author: Reid Bramblett