The sights of Rome
The museums, monuments, ancient sites, churches, and other sights in Rome
www.turismoroma.it - Official tourism site
www.060608.it - Tourist info database
www.comune.roma.it- Rome City homepage
www.vatican.va- Official Vatican site
Museums in Rome
Rome Tours & Activities
ReidsItaly.com Rome Map
» View ENLARGED MAP with all listings
The interior of the Colosseum in Rome.You can choose to peruse the sights along whatever sort of criteria you like: Top 10 Sights, Reid's List (my own faves), Free Sights, or sights by neighborhood or category (churches, museums, fun & offbeat, ancient sites, all the works by Michelangelo, etc.).
I've rated every sight and experience in Rome from zero to three stars. Three stars, two stars, etc. are pretty self-explanatory.
But note: No-stars does not mean 'not worth the bother.'
In fact, in any other city, these "no-star" sights would probably rank much higher.
They're just cursed to be in Rome, competing for your precious vacation time alongside what are literally some of the most magnificent sights on the entire planet.
These star rating are, of course purely subjective, but they will help you get a sense of which sights pack the highest wow factor—and where to spend your time.
In fact, you could view the stars system thusly:
- Anything rated three stars you should try to see even if you only have one day in Rome.
- With two days, you can try to pack in as many two-starred sights as well.
- With three or four days, you'll have time to fit in some one-star and intriguing no-star sights around the edges of your sightseeing schedule.
- If you're lucky enough to be in town for more than four days, you might take the time to visit some more of the no-starred sights.
- The top sights in Rome
- How to see Rome in: one day, two days, or three days
- Reid's List of favorite sights
- Top Rome experiences
This material was last updated April 2013. All information was accurate at the time.
about | contact | faq
» THE REIDSITALY.COM DIFFERENCE «
Copyright © 2008–2012 by Reid Bramblett. Author: Reid Bramblett